You've just attended a competition that provides studios and families with the media from the event for free....awesome!
So...what happens now? As the studio director, the captured media will automatically be added to your DanceBUG account.
How can you get the media?
Getting Media from Free-Media Events as the Studio Director Account Owner
- Login at www.dancebug.com
- Click on MEDIA in the top right-hand corner of your main menu & click on COMPETITIONS from the drop-down menu
OR Click on "VIEW ALL" in the VIDEO JUDGE VIDEO section in the lower-right corner of your dashboard.
- Click on the routine you'd like to view. Routines can be sorted by event or searched for by entry code or entry name at the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the video player of the selected routine, there will be an ambient option as well as the regular judge tracks. In addition, you will also have access to the photos (assuming photo services was present at your competition)
Please note: DanceBUG does not upload all videos & photos in HD. If you wish for specific routines to be in HD click on the "Request HD" button. You will be able to download any SD or HD files as many times as you would like. HD files can take up to two weeks after your request to be fulfilled during the peak dance season.
Getting Media from Free-Media Events as Parent Accounts
Each parent or dancer who attended a free-media event must ADD their own routines to their account. To do this, they need to visit www.dancebug.com/freemedia
- Ask your parents to go to www.dancebug.com/freemedia
- Click on the logo of the competition they attended.
- Fill in the required information (season, location, studio, dancer, dancer DOB, reCaptcha)
- Login or create a DanceBUG account
- Their media will deposit into your account under MY COMPETITION MEDIA
Each dancer can only be added to one DanceBUG account. So parents and dancers should only add their own media and not that of friends and dancers from other households. Parents and dancers with siblings will need to return to www.dancebug.com/freemedia for each dancer that participated in the competitions.
For detailed instructions, parents can be directed here: FREE MEDIA COMPETITIONS FOR PARENTS & DANCERS